Skip to main content

Computers Speaking Part 1 Questions & Answers

How would you answer these example questions about computers from Part 1 of the IELTS speaking test?

What examples would you give? What details would you need to describe? What vocabulary would you need to express yourself well?


Tips for IELTS Speaking | IELTS Speaking Part 1 | Computers, computer skills, children and computers, how important are computers?

Computer Speaking Part 1 Questions

You can use these questions in your IELTS preparation to help you think about what you would say in response to them.

Computers Speaking Part 1

Do you often use computers?

Yes, I do, very often, in fact every day I use my laptop. I use it for studying, researching, entertainment and also for shopping sometimes.

Do you often use a computer?

Not very often, I guess I just don't really need one in my day-to-day life. I have a smartphone for email and social media, and I can do most of the things I need to do on my phone. Plus, I like having some time away from screens!

When did you start using computers?

I guess I was in elementary school when I first started to use them regularly. My parents had a computer at home, but I wasn't allowed to use it in those days. So I suppose I would have been about six years old when I first started using computers to do things.

What do you use computers for?

Nowadays, pretty much everything. I send and receive emails, use apps like Zoom and Hangouts to chat with people, and I use the internet to do research as part of my studies.

Just last week I started job hunting and updating my resume using my computer, and it's so easy nowadays.

And then of course there's all the entertainment available on the internet. I'm a big YouTube fan, sometimes I can spend hours watching stuff online.

Computer Speaking Part 1 Topic

Do you enjoy computing?

I enjoy computing because it allows me to be creative and explore new ideas. It's also a great way to stay connected with friends and family. I also enjoy the challenge of problem-solving.

What kind of tasks do you use a computer for?

I generally use my computer for tasks that require a lot of research or thought. This can include writing papers, developing presentations, and working on projects. I also use my computer for tasks that are more fun, such as playing games and browsing the internet.

Do you think computers will become more important in the future?

I think that, as our world becomes increasingly digitized, computers will only become more important. They are already an essential tool in many fields, such as medicine and business. As we develop new technologies, I believe computers will play an even bigger role in our lives.

Would you say computers are important?

Absolutely! They are irreplaceable now - I mean they're used in banks, business, airplanes, cars, virtually everything has some kind of computer which helps it operate - I don't know what we would do without them.

Would you say computers are important in your life?

Personally, I'd say yes, my life would be totally different if I didn't use computers every day. I grew up using computers and they're an integral part of most of the daily activities I do - so obviously, yes, they're very important for me.

Are computers important to you?

While I don't use a computer very often, I do think they are important. I work in an office and my job would be much harder if I didn't have access to a computer. Even though I don't use one at home very often, I'm glad they exist!

Do computers have much impact on your life?

They certainly make my life a lot easier most of the time- I mean banking and shopping online is so much quicker and more convenient than having to actually go to a bank or shop and do it all physically.

I can achieve more in my life thanks to computers - all that information is instantly accessible on the internet, which makes so many things easier and I suppose the biggest impact of all is the way computers have really changed the way we live, the way we intereact with each other and how we do things.

What effect do computers have on children?

Some people used to think that children spending a lot of time in front of a computer screen was not a good thing for them - but now you just look at the adults who are doing exactly the same and you have to laugh.

Basically, children spending hours in front of a computer screen is like learning a life skill or work skill, becasue when they grow up and become adults and start working many of them , if they work in an office or simialr environemnt, will spend many hours using comuters to do their work.

so overall, I think it's only natural that children spend quite a lot of time with computers.

I really don't think there are any serious negative effects caused by computers which apply specifically for children.


How do you think parents could minimize (or avoid) the negative effects of computers on their children?

Okay,so if parents are convinced that their child is spending too much time using a computer - then they could always try and put a limit on the number of hours their child uses the computer each week.

They could also make sure that their child is involved in other activities outside, maybe playing sports and things like that. It's good to have a balance of activities - things you can do alone and also with other people.

What computer skill(s) would you like to learn?

Yeah, I'd really like to learn computer animation and graphics someday, but I think it takes a long time to learn all the necessary techniques and then practice creating such things. It would be nice though, because it looks so interesting when you see someone elese doing it.


Computers IELTS Speaking Part 1

How much time do you spend playing computer games every week?

I usually play computer games for three to four hours a week. But sometimes I don't play them for weeks because of other activities like watching movies, videos or reading books.

Do online computer games interest you?

Yes, they're great fun! I love playing them with my friends. The internet makes it so easy!

How important are computer games in your everyday life?

They're not very important to me because they don't affect my life in a big way. But if I'm enjoying playing a good game, sometimes I might lose track of time.

What is your opinion about computers in education for children?

I think it's essential for children to learn computer skills. There should be a course to teach skills. In my country, some schools already do it.

Children need to learn how to build a website, do some basic coding, or build app writing tools.

But I don't think there should be too much emphasis on them at school because this might affect their real lives. Too much time in front of a computer screen, while they are still developing, is not a good idea!

What do you think about the future of computers?

I'm excited about the future of computers! I suppose we'll see implanted computers in humans in my lifetime - it's natural advancement for those who want it.

I can imagine there might be a library of knowledge available, a plugin option for your brain. That would be cool! And I guess we'll communicate without external devices - just think and send a message to another person.

There are so many possible applications as technology continues to evolve across the world. Areas like health care and many employment sectors will be disrupted and probably improved through advanced AI and computers.


Computer Topic IELTS Speaking

What do you think will be the best computer-related job in ten years' time?

It's almost impossible to predict, but I think that computers will become even more integrated into society. More people might work as game designers or testers, or in other computer-related employment!

There will also be several new use cases which we've not even considered yet because the technology isn't yet available - but it will be soon.

Have you ever had to teach a child how to use a computer?

Yes, I once taught my young nephew how to use some features of my computer. But it's not as easy as you might think.

You can't just pass by the screensaver and let them click on whatever they want to play around with. They might open something inappropriate.

You need to consider a parental block on their account because you can't supervise them 100% of the time, but you need to make sure they're not searching for anything harmful online or opening any terrible programs.

Do you think it's safe for children to use computers? (Why? Why not?)

Yes, it's safe for children to use computers. The average person only uses 10% of their brain potential anyway, so there is no need for concern.

Children must be taught proper ergonomics, even starting from a young age because sitting at a computer can be harmful to the back.

Earning an unhealthy posture early in life can lead to chronic pain later on in life, which can be irreversible, and cause an increase in shoulder and neck pain as well as having more limited mobility.

If your child likes getting screen time, they should make sure they do not exceed 3 hours which will ensure their cognitive abilities remain strong and allows them to focus on other things in life.


IELTS Speaking Part 1 Computer Questions & Answers

What are some of the negative effects of too much screen time and not enough physical activity?

There are many negative effects of too much screen time and not enough physical activity. They include obesity, blood sugar spikes, lack of feeling happy, and depression.

Some other negative effects of too much screen time and not enough physical activity include heart disease, diabetes, ulcers, or gastroesophageal reflux disease.

Some people even argue that these negative effects affect the mental health of children, such as suicide ideation and more aggressive behaviors.

Moreover, you're probably contributing to these negatives by buying video games for your little brother's birthday instead of getting clothes or books for them!

How do you feel about children posting their thoughts on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram?

My initial feeling is that it's natural for children to want to post their thoughts. If it makes them happy, I don't see any harm in it.

Of course, there are potential consequences like cyberbullying or the surge in kids who commit suicide after being taunted by others on social media.

But I think the problem is bigger than just one trend; I think we need better strategies for protecting vulnerable kids online and off.


How would you answer these computer speaking Part 1 questions?


Popular posts from this blog

Cambridge IELTS 11 Test 1 Writing Task 1 Question and Answer

Task 1 Question How to Answer Task 1 Questions Sample Answer Cambridge 11 Writing Task 1 IELTS Writing Task 1 (Academic) tests your written communication skills - how well you can report/describe information. Cambridge IELTS Book 11 Test 1 Writing Task 1 IELTS Writing Test Task 1 You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. The charts below show the percentage of water used for different purposes in six areas of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 words. International English Language Testing System How would you answer this IELTS 11 Writing Task 1 question about water used for different purposes? IELTS 11 Writing Test 1, Task 1 Answer (useful vocabulary is highlighted ) The pie charts illustrates water usage in six different regions around the world. Notably , Europe consumes the greatest quantity of water for in

How to Answer Cambridge 11 Test 2 Writing Task 1

IELTS Writing How would you answer this IELTS Writing Task 1 question about: The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in England who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 2000 and 2010? How to answer IELTS Task 1 writing questions? This is a question that many people ask when they are thinking about taking the International English Language Testing System exam. Cambridge 11 Test 2 Writing Task 1 - The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in England who were able to speak other languages in addition to English. Cambridge 11 Test 2 Writing Task 1 - The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in England who were able to speak other languages in addition to English. IELTS Writing Task 1 Structure If you want to do well in IELTS writing, it's important that you know how to answer Task 1 correctly! In this post, we will discuss some of the bas