|The earth moves round the sun|
Nowadays, our bodies becoming 'old' much later than 100 year sago. [incorrect]
Nowadays, our bodies become 'old' much later than 100 years ago. [correct]
Children lost their freedom if they have too many responsibilities. [incorrect]
Children lose their freedom if they have too many responsibilities. [correct]
Present simple tense | When to use it
• to make general statements about our world: The earth moves around the sun.
• to show a pattern or general truth: People work in order to meet their basic needs.
• with adverbs of frequency: always, usually, often, sometimes, never: People who are too lazy to walk often use their cars instead.
• with expressions such as: nowadays, these days, today (with a general meaning):
Many students today do their research via computer rather than through books.
• for verbs showing opinions or feelings, e.g. believe, think, hope: I think that we should all do as much as we can to improve our environment. See more IELTS common mistakes