English Solutions

English Solutions

Thesis writing help, Dissertation Writing, MBA Essays, Essay Writing help, University Essay Writing, Essay Editing & Proofreading, Academic Writing Help, English grammar, English vocabulary, IELTS Essays, TOEFL Essays,Free online English courses,

IELTS Speaking Test Vietnam & Sample Answers



IELTS speaking test Vietnam
The following IELTS speaking test sample answer is based on a recent IELTS interview in Vietnam.

IELTS Speaking Test Part 1

Can you tell me your full name
Yes, my full name is Henry Gregor Marshall

Please describe your apartment.
Ok, well, it’s new – I bought it around a year ago. It’s on the 4th floor of a new block, in a nice quiet neighborhood.  It has three bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen and dining room. There’s a small balcony, just big enough to sit out on and enjoy a nice cold beer.  It’s light and airy generally although it gets a bit hot during the summer.

What do you like about it?
What I like most about it is its location. It’s close to my work, to the shops and all the other things I need. My favorite room is the living room because of the big windows which let a lot of natural light come in - and the neighbors are really nice too.

Is there anything you would like to change in the apartment?
Not really. I guess because it’s new there isn’t really much I would want to change. Maybe a little more space in the kitchen … you know… extend it a bit, but it’s not really important as I don’t do much cooking.

Is color important when you buy things? Why?
Well that depends on the ‘thing’ I’m buying I suppose. If it’s something not really important then I don’t usually bother about color, but if we’re talking about clothes or a car or furniture for the apartment, then yes, color is important because you’re going to have it for a long time so it’s important that you like the color.

Do you like dark or light colors? Why?
I guess that generally I prefer dark colors, although again it depends on the item. I don’t like light colors for cars or furniture for example – just not practical.

How important were colors to you when you were a child?
Eh, I’m not sure about that – I never really thought about it. I don’t remember ever having a favorite color as a child, so I guess colors weren’t very important for me. Now it’s different though.

Do you like your name?
Well, it’s my name, so yes – I do like it.

Have you ever wanted to change your name?
No, well, I’ve never really thought about it too be honest. It’s only a name after all, but I’ve never felt the urge to change it.

Who is the one that usually names a child in your country?
That would be the parents normally. Although I guess maybe family and friends could influence their choice of name.

Tell me about the tradition of giving names in your country.
That’s an interesting one. I guess that traditionally children were named after their grandparents and parents and so on using the names from both sides of the family. Nowadays though, I’m sure that more parents name their kids after celebrities or characters in a movie or soap opera than following tradition.



IELTS Speaking Test Part 2

Talk about a character that you admire from your childhood. Please say ...

- Who was he/she?
- What was he/she like?
- What did he/she do?
- Explain why you admire this character.

Ok, so when I was a child I used to really love Tarzan … you know Tarzan of the jungle. I used to watch him on TV and read stories in comics about him. I thought he was great! He was always having adventures and saving people or animals and stuff like that … you know …all the time – he was really exciting. He was found in the jungle by some animals or something like that and they like adopted him and looked after him when he was a bay. That’s how he learned to speak to them and live with them. He was very athletic and could run, climb and swim really well, not to mention fighting crocodiles. He was my hero really. I used to really admire him because he lived in the jungle far away from everybody and just did his own thing… you know … he just lived in the jungle and had fun all the time with the animals, playing and swimming and running and so on. He didn’t have to work or go to school or anything like that … perfect! And when he had adventures he always beat up the bad guys and everybody loved him.

IELTS Speaking Test Part 3

What types of characters do adults usually admire these days? Why?
Well, that depends on the individual adult I think. Everybody has their favorites … don’t they? I still think that guys tend to admire the hero type characters in movies and TV programs etc. and women are beginning to identify more and more with the strong independent type of women that appear in many films and TV series.

Why do people still admire the character even if they know it’s not real?
I think it’s what the character represents really … I think most of us would like to be better than we are … or different in some way and these characters always seem to have such interesting lives or be involved in different situations. They make it all seem more exciting than it really is in real life. You know, it’s escapism … isn’t it? We would all like to be doing something else with our lives … something more interesting or exciting … or at least doing it in a different place or with different people.  I guess we all like to fantasize a bit … even as adults.



What are the characteristics of an actor that are widely admired?
Mmmm … well, some people respect and admire the quality of their acting, you know, the technical side of it and all that. Some people simply like an actor because he or she is really good-looking and sexy. Other actors are popular or loved because they can play many different parts well and portray many different qualities … which make the audience believe or feel more involved in the story they are telling.

How much can a character from a movie affect our real life? Why?
Honestly, how much … I think depends on the age of the person. If you’re a child for example I
think that the characters you see on TV, in movies or even in video games can affect you almost as much as a ‘real person’ like your parents or you uncles and aunts etc. Maybe as we get older the amount of influence is less – but it depends – sometimes a character or the character’s involvement in a story depicted in a movie can at least make us think about something, or maybe see something in a different way … I guess it all comes down to how closely we identify ourselves with the character in question.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so hard for such questions, even for native speakers

Cambridge IELS 12 Academic Writing Tests
Cambridge IELTS Book 12 - Academic Writing Test Task 1
IELTS ESSAY - economy & environment
IELTS ESSAY - Economic Progress & Environment
IELTS Letter - apologize to a friend
IELTS Letter - A friend is planning to visit you...
Study Abroad Graduate Programs
Study Abroad - Study in Australia - 5 Steps
IELTS Essay - student participation in running schools
Essay - Are schools more effective when...
Essay - doctors, nurses, teachers, celebrities - who should be paid more?
Essay - Doctors, teachers, celebs - who should be paid more?
IELTS 2017 speaking test UK, USA, Canada & Australia
IELTS Speaking - A peaceful place you like
Essay sporting events & world peace
Essay Writing - International sporting events & world peace
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic Writing
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Guide
Academic Writing IELTS Task 1
Download Guide IELTS Band 7.0+
Essay Writing Help
Essay Writing Help How to write better essays
Trend of large shopping malls & less small shops
IELTS Essay Large shopping malls replacing small stores
IELTS speaking - personality
IELTS Speaking Describe an aspect of your personality
make your dissertation & thesis easier to read
Dissertation Writing Help How to make your paper easier to read
How to write a research paper
Essay Writing Help How to write a research paper
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...