English Solutions

English Solutions

Thesis writing help, Dissertation Writing, MBA Essays, Essay Writing help, University Essay Writing, Essay Editing & Proofreading, Academic Writing Help, English grammar, English vocabulary, IELTS Essays, TOEFL Essays,Free online English courses,

Describe a feature of your personal character that you find important

Describe a feature of your personal character that you find important

You should say:
  • Why do you like it?
  • Why is it important to you?
  • What difference does it make in your life?
Share this IELTS Cue Card!

IELTS Speaking Cue Card | Personality Characteristics

Here is an example of an IELTS speaking test question from Part 2 of the interview in which you are expected to talk about a topic, given to you by the IELTS examiner, for around two minutes.


IELTS Part 2 Speaking Question | Describe a Feature of Your Personal Character

IELTS speaking describe a feature of your personality
I'm going to talk about my persistent nature. It’s something which my parents used to comment on even when I was still only a young girl. They used to say that when I got an idea in my head… that was it… there would be no stopping me until I had done whatever it was that I wanted to do. I think I used to frustrate them sometimes.

Personally, I never thought about it when I was a child, but I became aware of it when I was in high school and my friends used to tell me I was crazy quite frequently because I used to tell them some of my ideas and they thought I would never do anything about them. But as I said, once I decided to do something almost nothing would stop me.

I found out later that it was in fact quite a good quality to have and that’s when I realized it was important. It meant that when things got tough I just didn’t give in… I kept on going and always found a solution to any problem. Whether it was at school or later when I started working while I was at university, I would set myself goals and then do something every day to try and achieve those goals. Sometimes, I managed to do things not because I was very clever or creative but just because I wouldn’t give up… until I had found out how to do something or found somebody who could help me to achieve what I wanted to do.

I’m not really one of those super intelligent people or even particularly creative but I do get a lot of things done. My boss at work tells me that if he ever wants something difficult done then he asks me because he knows that it will get done. Being persistent and not giving upon things has been good for me over the years because it means that I don’t worry about facing up to things in life, I know from experience that there is almost nothing which cannot be achieved, even if it sometimes needs other people to help get it done, as long as you are taking steps in the right direction… you will eventually get the result you want.

How would you answer this IELTS Speaking Test question? Which feature of your personality would you talk about? Leave a comment with your ideas...


IELTS Speaking


No comments:

Leave a comment

Cambridge IELS 12 Academic Writing Tests
Cambridge IELTS Book 12 - Academic Writing Test Task 1
IELTS ESSAY - economy & environment
IELTS ESSAY - Economic Progress & Environment
IELTS Letter - apologize to a friend
IELTS Letter - A friend is planning to visit you...
Study Abroad Graduate Programs
Study Abroad - Study in Australia - 5 Steps
IELTS Essay - student participation in running schools
Essay - Are schools more effective when...
Essay - doctors, nurses, teachers, celebrities - who should be paid more?
Essay - Doctors, teachers, celebs - who should be paid more?
IELTS 2017 speaking test UK, USA, Canada & Australia
IELTS Speaking - A peaceful place you like
Essay sporting events & world peace
Essay Writing - International sporting events & world peace
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic Writing
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Guide
Academic Writing IELTS Task 1
Download Guide IELTS Band 7.0+
Essay Writing Help
Essay Writing Help How to write better essays
Trend of large shopping malls & less small shops
IELTS Essay Large shopping malls replacing small stores
IELTS speaking - personality
IELTS Speaking Describe an aspect of your personality
make your dissertation & thesis easier to read
Dissertation Writing Help How to make your paper easier to read
How to write a research paper
Essay Writing Help How to write a research paper
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...