English Solutions

English Solutions

Thesis writing help, Dissertation Writing, MBA Essays, Essay Writing help, University Essay Writing, Essay Editing & Proofreading, Academic Writing Help, English grammar, English vocabulary, IELTS Essays, TOEFL Essays,Free online English courses,

Housework | IELTS Speaking Test Questions & Answers


How to answer IELTS speaking questions about housework

IELTS speaking test sample questions about housework

Remember, there are many possible ways to answer the questions in the IELTS speaking test, these are just some examples of typical responses.

Do people in your country do much housework?

In general, I think they do less now than in the past. People are very busy and they don't really have a lot of time for housework, especially if both parents are working.

In your home, who does (most of) the housework?

My mother takes care of the majority of the housework, because she is at home all day, but we all help by doing some tasks.

Do you do much (or, any) housework?

No, not really. I help my mother with cooking several times a week, and I often wash up after dinner, either with my sister or mother usually. I don't really like doing housework, I think it's boring. But I do try and keep my own bedroom tidy.

What housework do you like to do?

The short answer is, none. I don't like housework, but it is necessary - so I do what I have to.

Is there any housework you dislike doing?

Yes, all of it, well, maybe with the exception of cooking which I enjoy sometimes. But cooking every day can get boring very quickly. I am happy that my mother takes care of all the cleaning and laundry. I wouldn't want to do that.

What housework did you do when you were a child?

My mother used to teach me how to do housework. She showed me how to dust, clean the floor and do the laundry. I can remember watching her ironing clothes too. I remember cleaning my room as a child, but that was really my only responsibility.

Do you think children should (learn to) do housework? (Why?/Why not?)

I think it's a good idea to learn how to, but maybe not a good idea that they are expected to do a lot of it. I mean, it's a good idea to know how to do it, but it's better that children are studying or playing rather than doing housework, if possible.

Do you think it's important for children to do housework?

It's a good way of teaching them some responsibility, like I had to keep my own room clean and tidy when I was a child. There are other things which are more important though.

Do you think it's important for young people to help do the family housework?

I think it's nice when young people offer to do it, it's like working in a team and if you live in your family home then it's good to make a contribution such as helping out around the home.

Do people in your country have much time to do housework?

Nowadays, most people have less and less time for housework or domestic chores. We are always looking for ways to reduce the amount of things we have to do - or find ways to do things faster or easier. That's why we have modern domestic appliances like washing machines, microwave ovens and such like.

How much time do people in your country spend doing housework?

I think it varies a lot. Maybe some housewives spend a lot of time on it, but others don't. I don't really know anyone who loves doing it - they do it because it's necessary, but I think if they had the opportunity to have someone else do it , they would be happy.personally, I only spend around two hours a week on housework, I get bored with it very quickly.

Do you feel people in your country have enough time to do housework?

No, not generally, there's never enough time to do it all. The worst thig is that you can do all the housework one week - and then next week it needs doing again. It's repetitive and it is always waiting to be done. I think a lot of people would love it if you could eliminate housework comepetely.

Do you think people like doing their own housework?

Really, I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone personally who actually 'likes' doing it. We all do it becasue it has to be done. I know some families that have a maid or domestic assistant who does all the housework for them. But all my friends hate doing it and I think that's quite common - it just seems such a waste of time.





No comments:

Cambridge IELS 12 Academic Writing Tests
Cambridge IELTS Book 12 - Academic Writing Test Task 1
IELTS ESSAY - economy & environment
IELTS ESSAY - Economic Progress & Environment
IELTS Letter - apologize to a friend
IELTS Letter - A friend is planning to visit you...
Study Abroad Graduate Programs
Study Abroad - Study in Australia - 5 Steps
IELTS Essay - student participation in running schools
Essay - Are schools more effective when...
Essay - doctors, nurses, teachers, celebrities - who should be paid more?
Essay - Doctors, teachers, celebs - who should be paid more?
IELTS 2017 speaking test UK, USA, Canada & Australia
IELTS Speaking - A peaceful place you like
Essay sporting events & world peace
Essay Writing - International sporting events & world peace
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic Writing
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Guide
Academic Writing IELTS Task 1
Download Guide IELTS Band 7.0+
Essay Writing Help
Essay Writing Help How to write better essays
Trend of large shopping malls & less small shops
IELTS Essay Large shopping malls replacing small stores
IELTS speaking - personality
IELTS Speaking Describe an aspect of your personality
make your dissertation & thesis easier to read
Dissertation Writing Help How to make your paper easier to read
How to write a research paper
Essay Writing Help How to write a research paper
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...