Skip to main content

Did you like studying science when you were at school?

Science questions - IELTS speaking

IELTS Speaking Topic Science and Technology

Do you like science?

Yes, I love science! From the basics of physics to the complexities of quantum mechanics and beyond, science is an endlessly fascinating subject.

What science have you studied (or learned)?

I have studied physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.

What do you think are the most important things to know about science?

The most important thing to know is that science is constantly evolving. It’s also important to understand how scientific theories are developed and tested to form the basis for any conclusions drawn from them.

How do you (or how did you) study science?

When I was studying science in school, I would start by reading the material and taking notes. Then I would review my notes to ensure that I had a strong understanding of the concepts presented in the material. After that, I would practice problem-solving using examples from the book or online resources. Finally, I would take practice tests to assess my knowledge and determine areas where I needed to focus more study.

Do you think studying science has helped you gain useful skills?

Absolutely! Studying science has helped me develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills, while also giving me a better understanding of the world around me. Furthermore, it has also taught me how to work independently and take initiative in researching topics.

Are you very interested in science?

You could say that! I have a great curiosity about how the world works, and science provides an interesting way to explore it. Whether it's delving into a particularly complex problem or getting lost in the details of a fascinating new discovery, I find science endlessly captivating.

Did you like studying science when you were at school?

Yes, I really enjoyed studying science at school. It was a great way to explore the world around me and learn more about the fundamental laws that govern our universe. Learning from passionate teachers who shared their enthusiasm for the subject was a bonus! Even now, I still spend my free time reading up on new developments in science.

What science subject at school do/did you like the most? [Why?]

The science subject I enjoyed the most at school was physics. I found it really interesting to explore the fundamental forces that govern our universe, and how they can be used to explain phenomena from everyday life to the outer reaches of space. I also appreciated the way physics bridges all other scientific fields, allowing us to make connections between different areas.

What do/did you like most about studying science?

For me, what I liked most about studying science was the sense of exploration and discovery. Every new concept or experiment opened up a world of possibilities, allowing me to take a deeper dive into whatever interested me. It also helped develop my critical thinking skills as I learned how to approach problems from different angles and uncover hidden truths.

What's the most interesting (part of) science to you?

I find the most interesting part of science to be quantum mechanics. There's something truly captivating about the way it describes how matter behaves on a subatomic level, and how these laws can be applied to our everyday lives. It's also incredibly complex, making it an endlessly fascinating subject that never ceases to amaze me.

Is there anything about science that you dislike?

The one thing I don't like about science is that it can be difficult to understand. Many concepts and theories require a great deal of time and effort to fully comprehend, which can make the learning process feel overwhelming at times. However, with perseverance and dedication, it's possible to gain a deep understanding of even the most challenging topics.

What's the most difficult part of studying science?

For me, the most difficult part of studying science is trying to keep up with new developments. It seems like no matter how much I read and research, there's always something new popping up that I need to learn about. This can be especially challenging when it comes to topics such as quantum mechanics or particle physics, where the theories and ideas are constantly evolving and changing.

What are your sources of science information?

I get my information about science from a variety of sources, such as books, magazines, online articles, and podcasts. I also attend lectures and workshops whenever possible to learn from experts in the field. To keep up with the latest news and developments, I follow scientists on social media and subscribe to newsletters from organizations like NASA or CERN.

Do you often read books about science and technology?

Yes, I often read books about science and technology. From classic works like Isaac Newton's Principia to modern bestsellers such as Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time, there are many fascinating books out there that provide invaluable insights into our universe and the laws that govern it. Reading these helps me better understand the world around me, which is why I never tire of reading about science.

Do you think science is important in our everyday lives?

Absolutely! Science has a crucial role to play in our everyday lives, from providing us with new technologies and medical treatments to helping us better understand the world around us. It's also a great way to foster creativity and curiosity, giving us the tools we need to solve complex problems and explore uncharted territory. Science will continue to shape our future for generations to come, making it an incredibly important subject in our lives.

Do you think everyone should learn more science?

Yes, I believe that everyone should have some knowledge of science. Even if you don't pursue a career in the field, having a basic understanding of the laws that govern our universe can help you better understand how the world works. It also encourages creative and critical thinking, allowing us to ask questions and make informed decisions about everything from our health to environmental issues. Science is an incredibly important subject for everyone, regardless of age or background.

How is science taught in schools in your country?

Science is generally taught in school through a mix of lectures, assignments, and labs. The objective of these classes is to help students understand the fundamental concepts of each subject while also introducing them to more complex topics. There will usually be an emphasis on hands-on activities such as experiments and field trips to enhance the learning experience. Teachers also often use visual aids and multimedia resources to make the material more engaging.

What do you think makes science so fascinating?

I think one of the things that makes science so fascinating is that it provides us with an opportunity to explore and understand the world around us in a systematic way. There are always new discoveries being made which can change our understanding of how the world works. And of course, science is also incredibly valuable in helping us develop technologies and medicines that can make our lives better. All these factors combined make science a fascinating and rewarding subject to study.

How do students in your country study science?

In my country, students typically study science by attending lectures, completing assignments, taking exams, and participating in hands-on experiments. Students are encouraged to develop their inquiries through research and investigation as well as to form hypotheses and test them in the lab or field. Teachers often use a variety of learning strategies such as group work and interactive activities to engage students. Plus, students are also expected to use multimedia resources such as online databases and videos to supplement their learning.

Do you think science can help us solve global challenges?

Yes! Science has been instrumental in helping us tackle some of the most pressing issues facing society today. By providing us with a deeper understanding of how the world works, it allows us to develop solutions that can have a real impact on people’s lives. Science is also incredibly important in helping us adapt to the changes caused by climate change and other environmental issues. The possibilities for using science to solve global challenges are endless.

What science do students study at school in your country?

At school in my country, students typically study a range of sciences including biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and environmental science. They might also choose to study other areas such as astronomy or computer science.

What has been your favorite project while studying science?

My favorite project while studying science was actually one I did for an environmental science class. I researched a particular species of local fish and studied their habitat preferences as well as the effects of pollution on their population. I was able to use data from this research project to create a set of recommendations for improving the quality of the environment in which they lived. It was a great experience that taught me a lot about the importance of ecological conservation.

Do you think science is important?

Yes, without a doubt, science is essential. It's fundamental to our understanding of the world and the universe. It provides us with technologies that make our lives easier and medical advancements that improve our health. Furthermore, science fosters critical thinking and problem-solving skills, preparing us to tackle challenges both big and small.

On the other hand, one could argue that while science has its importance, it's not everything. Sometimes, scientific progress can lead to harmful consequences like environmental degradation or ethical dilemmas. Moreover, an overemphasis on science might sideline other important aspects of life and learning, such as arts, history, and philosophy, which also contribute significantly to our understanding of the world and humanity.

How has the science that you have studied helped you?

The science I have studied has helped me gain a greater appreciation for the natural world and an understanding of how it works. It has also taught me critical thinking skills, enabling me to make informed decisions based on data and evidence. Finally, studying science has also allowed me to explore my passion for technology and discover potential career paths. All in all, science has opened up a world of opportunities for me.

What advice would you give to someone interested in studying science?

My advice to someone interested in studying science would be to start by exploring the various fields available. Consider what interests you and research different topics to determine which area of science you would like to pursue. It is also important to remember that science is a complex and ever-changing field so be prepared to stay up-to-date on the latest developments. Finally, don’t forget to have fun; it's always rewarding when you find something you are truly passionate about.

How do you think the science you have studied will help you?

I think the science I have studied will help me develop a better understanding of how the world works and be able to identify problems, make decisions, and solve them in an informed way. This knowledge can then be applied to my everyday life, allowing me to make smarter choices that can result in beneficial outcomes. It also provides me with career options such as working in the field of research or engineering. So I suppose I believe this scientific knowledge will empower me to make a positive contribution to society.

What can science teach us about life?

Science can teach us so much about life and how it works. From the smallest particles in atoms to the vastness of space, it provides us with an understanding of the universe around us. Science also allows us to explore questions about our existence, giving us insight into how we got here and why life exists. Science can help us appreciate the beauty of nature and learn more about our place in it. Ultimately, science can provide us with a greater appreciation for life itself.

Popular posts from this blog

Cambridge IELTS 11 Test 1 Writing Task 1 Question and Answer

Task 1 Question How to Answer Task 1 Questions Sample Answer Cambridge 11 Writing Task 1 IELTS Writing Task 1 (Academic) tests your written communication skills - how well you can report/describe information. Cambridge IELTS Book 11 Test 1 Writing Task 1 IELTS Writing Test Task 1 You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. The charts below show the percentage of water used for different purposes in six areas of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 words. International English Language Testing System How would you answer this IELTS 11 Writing Task 1 question about water used for different purposes? IELTS 11 Writing Test 1, Task 1 Answer (useful vocabulary is highlighted ) The pie charts illustrates water usage in six different regions around the world. Notably , Europe consumes the greatest quantity of water for in

How To Answer Cambridge IELTS 8 Speaking Test 1

Content Cambridge IELTS 8 Speaking Test 1 How to give your opinion in English Here are some questions from Cambridge IELTS Practice Tests Book 8 Speaking Test 1. They include the IELTS Cue Card Describe a time when you were asked to give your opinion in a questionnaire . A native English speaker gave these sample answers to show you what someone might say. Remember, you can answer these questions in many different ways. Cambridge IELTS 8 Speaking Test 1 IELTS Speaking Tip Do NOT try to memorize full answers - this is unnatural and IELTS examiners are trained to identify memorized answers. Cambridge IELTS 8 Test 1 Speaking Questions & Answers Part 1 Topic | Neighbours How well do you know the people who live next door to you? I know them quite well because we’ve lived beside each other for a couple of years now. The people who live to the right of me, wel

Computers Speaking Part 1 Questions & Answers

How would you answer these example questions about computers from Part 1 of the IELTS speaking test? What examples would you give? What details would you need to describe? What vocabulary would you need to express yourself well? Tips for IELTS Speaking | IELTS Speaking Part 1 | Computers, computer skills, children and computers, how important are computers? Computer Speaking Part 1 Questions You can use these questions in your IELTS preparation to help you think about what you would say in response to them. Computers Speaking Part 1 Do you often use computers? Yes, I do, very often, in fact every day I use my laptop. I use it for studying, researching, entertainment and also for shopping sometimes. Do you often use a computer? Not very often, I guess I just don't really need one in my day-to-day life. I have a smartphone for email and social media, and I can do most of the things I need to do on my phone. Plus, I like having some time away from screen