IELTS workout of the day #2 Today's topic | HealthYou should be able to complete this WOD in around 30 minutes. If it takes you more time, don't worry, just keep practising and you will get faster, better and more confident.
1. Brainstorm 10 common health problems/conditions.
2. Give 5 examples of adjectives you could use in relation to health.
3. Identify at least 3 life threatening diseases/conditions.
4. What are the most common causes of these diseases/conditions?
5. Describe the typical treatment or solution for one of these diseases/conditions in no more than three sentences.
6. Rewrite the following sentence in as many different ways as you can in 1 minute.
In many developed countries, obesity is overtaking smoking as one of the leading causes of health problems.
7. Give 3 examples of things/activities/habits which are detrimental to your health in general, and 3 examples of good/healthy lifestyle choices.
8. Complete the following 5 conditional sentences related to health.
- If people ate better and exercised regularly, ...
- If the health service is overloaded, then ...
- If more health education was available in schools, ...
- If people do not eat a balanced diet, ...
- If people are going to live longer due to better health and lifestyle habits, ...
9. List 5 phrasal verbs and use them in 5 example sentences related to health.
10. Write 5 different comparative sentences about health problems. Use a different comparative structure for each sentence.
IELTS WOD #3