English Solutions

English Solutions

Thesis writing help, Dissertation Writing, MBA Essays, Essay Writing help, University Essay Writing, Essay Editing & Proofreading, Academic Writing Help, English grammar, English vocabulary, IELTS Essays, TOEFL Essays,Free online English courses,

Computers, Computer Skills, Children & Computers, The Importance of Computers - IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 Questions & Answers

Computers-IELTS Speaking Topic


IELTS Part 1 Speaking Questions | Computers

Here are some examples of questions about computers from Part 1 of the IELTS speaking test. You can use these questions in your IELTS preparation to help you think about what you would say in response to them. What examples would you give? What details would you need to describe? What vocabulary would you need to express yourself well?

Do you often use computers?

Yes, I do, very often, in fact every day I use my laptop. I use it for studying, researching, entertainment and also for shopping sometimes.

When did you start using computers?

I guess I was in elementary school when I first started to use them regularly. My parents had a computer at home, but I wasn't allowed to use it in those days. So I suppose I would have been about six years old when I first started using computers to do things.

What do you use computers for?

Nowadays, pretty much everything. I send and receive emails, use apps like Skype and Hangouts to chat with people, use the internet to do research as part of my studies and then of course there's all the entertainment available on the internet. I'm a big YouTube fan, sometimes I can spend hours watching stuff online.



Would you say computers are important?

Absolutely! They are irreplaceable now - I mean they're used in banks, business, airplanes, cars, virtually everything has some kind of computer which helps it operate - I don't know what we would do without them.

Would you say computers are important in your life?

    Personally, I'd say yes, my life would be totally different if I didn't use computers every day. I grew up using computers and they're an integral part of most of the daily activities I do - so obviously, yes, they're very important for me.

Do computers have much impact on your life?


They certainly make my life a lot easier most of the time- I mean banking and shopping online is so much quicker and more convenient than having to actually go to a bank or shop and do it all physically. I can achieve more in my life thanks to computers - all that information is instantly accessible on the internet, which makes so many things easier and I suppose the biggest impact of all is the way computers have really changed the way we live, the way we intereact with each other and how we do things.

What effect do computers have on children?

Some people used to think that children spending a lot of time in front of a computer screen was not a good thing for them - but now you just look at the adults who are doing exactly the same and you have to laugh. Basically, children spending hours in front of a computer screen is like learning a life skill or work skill, becasue when they grow up and become adults and start working many of them , if they work in an office or simialr environemnt, will spend many hours using comuters to do their work - so overall, I think it's only natural that children spend quite a lot of time with computers. I really don't think there are any serious negative effects caused by computers which apply specifically for children.

How do you think parents could minimize (or avoid) the negative effects of computers on their children?

Okay,so if parents are convinced that their child is spending too much time using a computer - then they could always try and put a limit on the number of hours their child uses the computer each week. They could also make sure that their child is involved in other activities outside, maybe playing sports and things like that. It's good to have a balance of activities - things you can do alone and also with other people.

What computer skill(s) would you like to learn?

Yeah, I'd really like to learn computer animation and graphics someday, but I think it takes a long time to learn all the necessary techniques and then practice creating such things. It would be nice though, because it looks so interesting when you see someone elese doing it.



IELTS Speaking

IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 Questions
Describe a piece of Electronic Equipment | IELTS Speaking Q&A
Tips for IELTS Speaking Test


No comments:

Leave a comment

Essay Answer - How can government encourage more people to use buses and trains?
Essay - Why do people prefer using cars ...
IELTS Band 9 Essay Answer - Housework
Essay - Is it better to do housework manually or ...
Describe an exciting message you received
IELTS Part 2 Question - A time when you received an exciting message...
Cambridge IELS 12 Academic Writing Tests
Cambridge IELTS Book 12 - Academic Writing Test Task 1
IELTS ESSAY - economy & environment
IELTS ESSAY - Economic Progress & Environment
IELTS Letter - apologize to a friend
IELTS Letter - A friend is planning to visit you...
Study Abroad Graduate Programs
Study Abroad - Study in Australia - 5 Steps
IELTS Essay - student participation in running schools
Essay - Are schools more effective when...
Essay - doctors, nurses, teachers, celebrities - who should be paid more?
Essay - Doctors, teachers, celebs - who should be paid more?
IELTS 2017 speaking test UK, USA, Canada & Australia
IELTS Speaking - A peaceful place you like
Essay sporting events & world peace
Essay Writing - International sporting events & world peace
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic Writing
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Guide
Academic Writing IELTS Task 1
Download Guide IELTS Band 7.0+
Essay Writing Help
Essay Writing Help How to write better essays
Trend of large shopping malls & less small shops
IELTS Essay Large shopping malls replacing small stores
IELTS speaking - personality
IELTS Speaking Describe an aspect of your personality
make your dissertation & thesis easier to read
Dissertation Writing Help How to make your paper easier to read
How to write a research paper
Essay Writing Help How to write a research paper
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...