Skip to main content

Describe a Trip You Would Like to Go on with a Friend


IELTS SPEAKING | Describe a trip you would like to go on with a friend

IELTS Speaking Part 2 Questions & Answers

Describe a trip you would like to go on with a friend [or friends].

You should say:

  • who you would like to travel with
  • where you would go [or: where you would like to go.
  • how you would go there

and explain why you would choose to travel with this person.



Describe a Trip You Would Like to Go on with a Friend

I’d really like to go on a trip to Europe and see all the major cities and attractions there. I’d probably go with my best friend because she’s really a lot of fun and I enjoy spending time with her so I think she would be a good traveling companion - actually I know she is - because we’ve already been on a few trips together.

As far as the particular destinations I’d like to visit, I would love to include Paris, Rome, Madrid, London and maybe some places in Eastern Europe as well.

Maybe we could spend a couple of days or longer in each city, you know, see the sights, visit some of the local tourist attractions and places of interest, and then move on to another city.

It might be a nice idea to travel by train or bus between each city rather than flying because I think it would be more interesting travelling through each country rather than just flying from one airport to another.

You get a better sense of a place when you see more of it – and it’d be nice to see some of the countryside as well as the capital cities. I don’t know if there’s a European bus tour or something like that you can book, or maybe we’d have to organize it independently and arrange everything by ourselves.

I’d want to go with my best friend because I know we’d enjoy ourselves. She’s very similar to me in that she likes the same kinds of things and she has a similar temperament so I know we’d get on and we’d be okay sharing a hotel room and traveling together and that sort of thing.

I don’t think we’d fall out or have any arguments about the sorts of places we’d like to see or visit or the things we do while we’re on the trip.



How would you answer this IELTS speaking cue card about a trip you would like to go on with a friend?

  • Which destination would you choose?
  • Who would be your traveling companion[s]?

Describe a Trip You Have Enjoyed

I remember the time I spent in New Zealand. It was incredible to say the least.

We hiked through rainforests and across mountain ranges to get to some of the most beautiful sights you could see anywhere.

One of my favorite hikes was up Mount Tongariro, where we trekked over lava fields that would have made any adventurer break a sweat.

But it never mattered because we knew at the end we'd be rewarded with an incredible view and most likely a nice cool breeze from the mountains.

It all started when I won a trip for two to anywhere in the world. It took quite some time for us to decide where we wanted to go, but eventually, we made our choice and got our passports ready.

The flight from New York to Auckland took about 15 hours, but it was well worth it.

After arriving at the airport, we were excited that someone had met us at the gate with signs displaying our names, holding them up high so they would be easy to spot.

From there, they led us towards where all of the buses were parked and asked if we'd like any assistance boarding one of them.

As soon as I climbed on board, I knew this trip was going to be something special; everything seemed larger than life while gazing out of my window.

When we arrived, we went to the hotel to check in. The receptionist said our room wasn't ready, so she gave us two tickets that would allow us to go on a one-hour sightseeing tour while we waited for it to be ready.

We decided to take the ferry across the harbor and see the city from there before continuing on our tour. Onboard, I took out my camera and started taking some pictures of the view; I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more idyllic than this.

After traveling around Auckland's most popular attractions, we were dropped off back at our hotel.

I was kind of happy the room hadn't been ready because we got to see a lot of cool things on the way.

The rest of the trip was just as amazing! We explored the city, ate many different kinds of food, and generally had a great time.

I would recommend this trip to anyone who is visiting Auckland.



Describe a Trip with Your Friends which You Enjoyed a Lot

I've always wanted to go on a road trip with my friends. We all have our own places in town, but we never get time together.

So, when the opportunity finally came, I was excited at first, then nervous about how it would turn out.

When I told my mom she wasn't too pleased that me and the boys were going on this trip for two days - what if something bad happened?

She also couldn't believe that we didn't make any plans or bring anything with us - like clothes! But nothing bad happened; it was fun.

We went to different places like Niagara Falls, which turned out to be quite spectacular after driving around for hours looking for parking (not kidding). It was worth every second of the five hours of driving to get there.

We went mudding which was so much fun! We had never done it before and didn't know what to expect - or what you are actually supposed to do mudding.

But after about an hour of aimlessly driving through the mud, we got the hang of it. Everyone was screaming with excitement when the back wheels would lose traction and start spinning us in circles!

A lot of people thought that mudding wasn't a complicated activity but I proved them wrong!

One of the highlights of the trip was when we were driving up to our destination, and we found a full-sized cowboy boot in the middle of the road.

We all started laughing hysterically, wondering where its owner was! So we decided to take it with us as a souvenir!

I used my GoPro Hero 4 silver to capture some great footage on this trip - especially when Dominic got stuck trying to drive over a rock!

The GoPro Hero 4 silver really captured the gritty details. The best thing about it is that you can remotely control the camera, which enabled me to get some cool shots of ourselves having fun without any issues.

We also had another GoPro on top of the car to capture the entire road trip.

I have to admit, I was a bit scared of going on this trip with my friends at first. I have always been a cautious kind of person and was scared that it would be dangerous or something would go wrong.

But as soon as we were off the beaten track, in the middle of nowhere, those fears quickly dissipated!

This experience is one to remember for all time. Looking back on it now, I'm amazed by everything we saw and did while I was on the trip.

I could talk for days about this two-day road trip we went on. It's amazing there, and I think everyone should go once in their life at least!

So why not take a friend or two with you, pack some snacks and drinks, bring your GoPro ready to capture those memories that are going to last forever?



Popular posts from this blog

Cambridge IELTS 11 Test 1 Writing Task 1 Question and Answer

Task 1 Question How to Answer Task 1 Questions Sample Answer Cambridge 11 Writing Task 1 IELTS Writing Task 1 (Academic) tests your written communication skills - how well you can report/describe information. Cambridge IELTS Book 11 Test 1 Writing Task 1 IELTS Writing Test Task 1 You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. The charts below show the percentage of water used for different purposes in six areas of the world. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 words. International English Language Testing System How would you answer this IELTS 11 Writing Task 1 question about water used for different purposes? IELTS 11 Writing Test 1, Task 1 Answer (useful vocabulary is highlighted ) The pie charts illustrates water usage in six different regions around the world. Notably , Europe consumes the greatest quantity of water for in

How To Answer Cambridge IELTS 8 Speaking Test 1

Content Cambridge IELTS 8 Speaking Test 1 How to give your opinion in English Here are some questions from Cambridge IELTS Practice Tests Book 8 Speaking Test 1. They include the IELTS Cue Card Describe a time when you were asked to give your opinion in a questionnaire . A native English speaker gave these sample answers to show you what someone might say. Remember, you can answer these questions in many different ways. Cambridge IELTS 8 Speaking Test 1 IELTS Speaking Tip Do NOT try to memorize full answers - this is unnatural and IELTS examiners are trained to identify memorized answers. Cambridge IELTS 8 Test 1 Speaking Questions & Answers Part 1 Topic | Neighbours How well do you know the people who live next door to you? I know them quite well because we’ve lived beside each other for a couple of years now. The people who live to the right of me, wel

Computers Speaking Part 1 Questions & Answers

How would you answer these example questions about computers from Part 1 of the IELTS speaking test? What examples would you give? What details would you need to describe? What vocabulary would you need to express yourself well? Tips for IELTS Speaking | IELTS Speaking Part 1 | Computers, computer skills, children and computers, how important are computers? Computer Speaking Part 1 Questions You can use these questions in your IELTS preparation to help you think about what you would say in response to them. Computers Speaking Part 1 Do you often use computers? Yes, I do, very often, in fact every day I use my laptop. I use it for studying, researching, entertainment and also for shopping sometimes. Do you often use a computer? Not very often, I guess I just don't really need one in my day-to-day life. I have a smartphone for email and social media, and I can do most of the things I need to do on my phone. Plus, I like having some time away from screen